|Faction||Order of the Talon|
|Designation||Cannon Fodder/Anti Infantry/Anti Air|
|Secondary Ability||Switch Machine Gun/Rifle|
Become stationary, anti-aircraft attack/become mobile, anti-infantry attack
|Cost||N/A (Spawned for free by Master Crawler)|
|Country of Origin||Various|
|Trained at||Local militaries|
|Key Features|| » Automatic rifle (make varies)|
» Machine gun w/ bipod
» Varied equipment
» Uniform (depends on country)
» Blissful ignorance
"For the Union!"
- - A Soviet conscript completely unaware of who he's actually fighting for
Tactical Analysis Edit
- Unwitting Pawn: Soldiers duped into fighting for the Talon, Pawns are armed with rifles that are effective against infantry and little else.
- Anti-Air Fodder: Pawns are also equipped with machine guns, which they can set up in order to use against any aircraft that fly overhead.
- Clueless: Being unaware of who they're really fighting for, Pawns don't benefit from any buffs or healing provided by other Talon units. In addition, they cannot gain heroic upgrades.
- Expendable: Pawns are rubbish troops, but fortunately they have the advantage of being completely disposable; they don't cost anything to train, and in fact are spawned for free while the Crawler is deployed. After all, someone else was responsible for the training and equipment.
Throughout the centuries, whenever the Talon has a task that requires military force to be accomplished, their preferred method is to get someone else to do it. There are many reasons for this. One of the reasons is that manipulating someone else into doing it is far less likely to expose the Talon's existence than if they were to send in Talon troops. Another is that the Talon doesn't need to risk the lives of their own men.
This method continues to be used today. While the soldiers duped into fighting for the Order no longer fight with swords and arrows as they did in earlier centuries, they still bear the same name: Pawns. Pawns are, as the name implies, unwitting pawns, soldiers of local militaries, completely unaware of whose purposes they are fulfilling. They are tricked into fighting on the Order's side by Talon sympathetic superior officers, falsified orders, or various other means, and help to provide mass to Talon forces. Pawns are kept in the dark about the strange forces they fight alongside, often explained away as secretive branches of whatever country's military they serve in.
The Talon have no need to train and arm them, meaning that there is no cost at all to acquiring Pawns. They are equipped with widely differing gear, although they are typically armed with rifles and machine guns. In battle, their rifles are reasonably effective against other infantry, and their machine guns, once set up, can bring down unwary aircraft from the sky. Pawns generally make for poor soldiers, and aren't accorded support or medical attention by Talon forces. They usually aren't expected to survive a battle, and those who do are often killed off in order to preserve the Talon's secrecy, though a portion are instead inducted into the Order's military forces. This isn't a problem for the Talon, who are okay with letting others die in place of elite, highly trained Talon troops.
Just the Stats Edit